Mon-Fri: 8am-6pm | Sat-Sun: 8am-5pm
1990 Oldmans Creek Rd, Sedesboro NJ
Spicy Hoisin Glazed Eggplant
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 inch fresh ginger, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 medium eggplant, ends trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch thick slices, lengthwise
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped cilantro leaves
Heat the oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add the ginger, garlic, and red chili flakes and cook until soft, 3-4 minutes. Remove from the heat and whisk in the hoisin, vinegar, and soy sauce until combined and then strain, reserving the sauce.
Heat grill to high.
Brush eggplant slices on both sides with the oil and season with salt and pepper. Place the slices on the grill until golden brown and slightly charred, 4-5 minutes. brush with some of the glaze, turn over and continue grilling just until cooked through, brushing with more of the glaze, 3-4 minutes longer. Remove from the grill and brush with the remaining glaze. Transfer to a platter and sprinkle with cilantro.
SIGNUP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER
1991 Oldmans Creek Rd.
Sweedesboro, NJ 08085