Mon-Fri: 8am-6pm | Sat-Sun: 8am-5pm
1990 Oldmans Creek Rd, Sedesboro NJ
Cucumber and Black-Eyed Pea Salad
- 3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. fresh oregano or 1 tsp. of dried oregano
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 4 cups of peeled and diced cucumbers
- 1 14 oz. can of black-eyed peas, drained and rinsed
- 2/3 cup of dried red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup of crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup of slivered red onion
- 2 tablespoons of chopped black olives
Whisk oil, lemon juice, oregano, and pepper in a large bowl until combined. Add cucumber, black-eyed peas, onion, bell pepper, feta cheese, and olives. Toss to coat. You can serve this salad at room temperature or chilled.
Note: you can also substitute the black-eyed peas with chick peas or white beans if you prefer. Beans, such as black-eyed peas, are rich in fiber, protein, and iron.
SIGNUP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER
1991 Oldmans Creek Rd.
Sweedesboro, NJ 08085