Mon-Fri: 8am-6pm | Sat-Sun: 8am-5pm
1990 Oldmans Creek Rd, Sedesboro NJ
Mexican Style Stuffed Peppers
- 4 medium green, red, yellow or orange peppers
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 1/2 cups crushed tortilla chips
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1 red chili pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- (wear disposable gloves and do not touch your face!!)
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 cup Mexican cheese blend
- Sour cream and additional salsa, optional
Preset oven to 350 degrees.
Cut tops off peppers and remove seeds. In large bowl, combine eggs, salsa, chips, onion, cilantro, chili pepper, garlic and cumin. Crumble beef into mixture and mix well; fill each pepper with beef mixture.
Place each pepper in a baking pan; cover with aluminum foil and bake for approximately 45 minutes. Remove foil, and bake for another 25 to 30 minutes or so, or until the peppers are to the desired tenderness you prefer. Top each pepper with shredded cheese 3 to 5 minutes before removing from oven.
Serve with sour cream and additional salsa if you prefer. Enjoy!