1991 Oldmans Creek Rd, Swedesboro NJ 08085
Vegetable Stuffed Peppers
- 3 large red or green bell peppers
- 1 15 oz. can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 11 oz. can of corn
- 1/3 cup of sliced green onions
- 2 tblsp. plain bread crumbs
- 2 tblsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp. grated lime peel
- 2 tblsp. lime juice
- 1/8 tsp. of sugar
- 1/3 cup finely shredded Mexican cheese blend
Cut peppers in half lengthwise; remove stems and seeds. Place peppers, cut side up, in a baking pan.
Combine all other ingredients, except the shredded cheese, in a bowl and mix well. Spoon mixture into pepper halves. Cover with foil.
Bake in a 400 F oven for about 40 minutes – remove foil and add shredded cheese on top of each pepper and bake uncovered for 5 minutes more until cheese has melted.
**Grilling option: Place peppers in a disposable baking pan, cover with foil and grill over medium heat for 20 to 25 minutes – or until peppers are tender. Uncover pan and add shredded cheese. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes more.
SIGNUP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER
1991 Oldmans Creek Rd.
Swedesboro, NJ 08085