1991 Oldmans Creek Rd, Swedesboro NJ 08085
Spinach, Strawberry and Hearts of Palm Salad
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh spinach, washed and torn into pieces
- 1 can hearts of palm, drained and chopped
- 2 cups strawberries, stemmed and sliced
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tbsp. poppy seeds
- 1 tsp. dry mustard
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
For the dressing, combine vinegar, sugar, lemon juice and salt in a small saucepan. heat over medium heat until sugar dissolves, stirring frequently. Remove pan from heat and cool to room temperature. Whisk in remaining dressing ingredients. set dressing aside.
In a salad bowl, combine spinach, palm, strawberries and walnuts. When ready to serve, add some of the dressing and toss gently. Serve with remaining dressing to be added if you desire.
SIGNUP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER
1991 Oldmans Creek Rd.
Swedesboro, NJ 08085