Mon-Fri: 8am-6pm | Sat-Sun: 8am-5pm
1990 Oldmans Creek Rd, Sedesboro NJ
Spiced Pork Tenderloin with Sautéed Apples
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pound pork tenderloin, trimmed and cut crosswise into 12 pieces
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups thinly sliced unpeeled Braeburn or Gala apples
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced shallots
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup apple cider
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Combine the first 5 ingredients; sprinkle the spice mixture evenly over the tenderloin medallions. Coat the pan, and cook for 3 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Remove pork from pan; keep warm.
Melt the butter in pan, and swirl to coat. Add the apple slices, 1/3 cup sliced shallots, and 1/8 teaspoon salt; sauté for 4 minutes or until apple starts to brown. Add the apple cider to pan and cook for 2 minutes or until the apple is crisp-tender. Stir in thyme leaves. Serve apple mixture with the pork medallions.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 3 pork medallions and 1/2 cup of the apple mixture). Enjoy!